Happy fall, ya’ll! There’s something so special about the transition from late summer to early fall. The fresh air starts to turn cool and brisk. The aroma of pumpkin-everything fills the air. The fall foliage transforms into beautiful shades of yellow, orange and red.
Of course, this new season has me thinking about delicious, earthy snacks to take with you wherever you find yourself this fall. And today, I’m sharing just that – my recipe for delicious Seed Crackers. A seasonal favorite, pumpkin seeds, are the star of the show, helping to make these crackers into anything but ordinary. Stop what you’re doing right now and join me in the Bosch kitchen.
Over the past couple of months, I’ve loved sharing some of my favorite recipes from my magazine, Naturally, Danny Seo. We’ve talked about Black Sesame Seed Brittle, White Vegan Pizza, Simple Citrus Sherbet, and Toasted Tamari Seeds. On the most basic level, I’d say the common denominator with each recipe is that they are all extremely delicious and extremely easy to make—and these Seed Crackers are no exception!
Let’s start with the ingredients—you likely already have them in your pantry at home, making it easy to bake these seed crackers right now. And, I love using the Bosch Speed Oven for this recipe because it is so efficient – you’ll be biting into a tasty cracker in a matter of minutes. Ready to give this Seed Cracker recipe a try? The full recipe is below, but I also share a few tips in the video below.
Danny Seo’s Seed Cracker Recipe
Dry Ingredients ¾ cup organic chia seeds
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 cup raw sesame seeds
1 tablespoon mixed dried herbs (rosemary, thyme, and oregano)
1 tablespoon dulse
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 ½ cups water
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon coconut aminos
1 tablespoon Grade B maple syrup
- Preheat your Bosch Speed Oven to 300 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients with the wet. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the batter has become thick and gelatinous, pour the batter into a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon baking sheet. Spread evenly with an offset spatula.
- Put the baking sheet into your Bosch Speed Oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, place another lined cookie sheet on top and flip. Score the crackers gently with a blunt knife.
- Put crackers back in the oven for another 24-25 minutes.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes, then break them where you have scored them.
Danny Seo is a brand ambassador for Bosch home appliances. For more inspiring ideas to live a healthier, natural lifestyle, visit DannySeo.com.